Friday 1 March 2013

Waiting



There’s a little place,
Not too far out of town,
Where I’ll go when I leave this place,
You’ll always find a log fire burning there,
And a light in the window to find your way,
When you eventually stumble over the top of the ridge.

You can sit among friends,
By then you’ll be deserving of a seat by the warmth,
You’ll have done your bit,
Struggled bravely along the path,
You’ll have cried your tears,
And fought your battles,
So come rest a while,
We’ll be waiting.



bobby stevenson 2013

4 comments:

  1. hello,
    I have been a fan since a long time and I would like to pass on a blog award we give in our part of the world to the bloggers we think deserve more readership.
    here is the link Please check it and I will be happy if you accept the award.
    regards
    asteria
    all the way from India.
    http://asteriascanvass.blogspot.in/2013/03/its-raining-leibsters.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Asteria - this is my wee blog where I put the more strange things. I would be happy to accept. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its always a pleasure readind you,you write what we see and ignore..regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for your kindness. X

    ReplyDelete